Monday, 19 June 2017

Paper Boats. Hannah's group.

Gretchen's lesson with 9 and 10 year olds.


America's Cup
I collected card, sticks, cotton, needles, fabric, PVA and a collection of photos of schooners.
The challenge was for the children to make a 3D boat of their choice. I offered a way of making the hull which was popular, but also altered by some to achieve a different look. I suggested a way of attaching the sail and securing the mast.



The atmosphere in the room was very positive. The children put their own spin on their boats, resulting in a variety of styles.



During the hour after lunch, I showed the children how to make a lizard out of paper. This was for those who had completed their boats. The lizards could be a focus for a whole lesson I think. They are very appealing as they can curl over your shoulder, if made correctly. Here is a pattern.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...